Apply to Adopt
If you are interested in adopting one of our available pets, you must first complete and submit an adoption questionnaire. Each application will be thoroughly examined during the approval process in order to ensure that these animals are being adopted into safe and loving homes. A home visit may also be conducted prior to approval. Heavenly Paws reserves the right to deny your application and is within the discretion of Heavenly Paws and its representatives.
$350+ $100 spay/neuter deposit refunded when alter surgery is performed between 6-7 months of age. Proof of alter must be submitted to email@example.com within 2 weeks of alter procedure, for reimbursement.
Small Breed Adult Dogs
Adult Dogs – Medium/Large
Goldendoodles, Labradoodles, Designer Dogs, Purebreds
Kittens unaltered; <5 months of age
$100 + $100 spay/neuter deposit refunded when alter surgery is performed within the 30 days following the kitten’s 5 month birthday. Proof of alter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 weeks of alter procedure, for reimbursement.
Cats – altered; >5 months of age
*All Adoption Fees go toward medical/wellness care, food and supplies for all rescued animals under the care of Heavenly Paws. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and your adoption fees may be tax-deductible.
What is expected of you:
- For puppies, kittens and cats, you must be a current resident of MI.
- Have no intact pets (dogs or cats), unless it is a puppy or you have a valid medical reason.
- Provide valid references. Include valid veterinary information and provide them with permission for us to gather information about your current/past pets.
- All members living in the home must be present for initial meet-n-greet; which includes current family dogs. We do not require current felines be present as we understand how fickle cats can be out of their own element.
- To make a full commitment to provide a loving home for your new pet. You will be given a 2 week trial basis to ensure the right fit. If within the 2 weeks you decide that it is not going to work out for the long term basis, the pet needs to be returned to our Heavenly Paws of MI foster base and you will be refunded your adoption fee. However, our ultimate goal is to find a home where the animal will receive the proper care and attention for the rest of its life.
What to expect of your adopted pet:
- Spayed or neutered before adoption (unless less than 6 months for puppies and 5 months for kittens)
- Dogs: Heartworm tested, and treated if needed; and on preventative
- Cats: FeLV/FIV tested
- Up-to-date on vaccinations
- Evaluated in a foster home for temperament and assessment of placement needs